Tile gradually, day after day, is becoming more popular. Long gone are the days when it was glued only in the kitchen or in the bathroom. Now tiles are used in swimming pools, steam rooms, catering points and many other institutions. What can I say, even on the sidewalks are increasingly laying tiles! Have you paid attention to the platforms of large railway stations? Tiles can also be placed there. But working with this material is impossible to imagine without cutting it off. For this, among others, tile cutters are used, which we will talk about in today’s selection.
What is the Best Tile Cutter Machine Company
Tile cutter is a serious tool, most often powered by electricity. He has not only a saw blade, but also a workbench. In this regard, only large companies undertake the production of tile cutters. They carry out their work efficiently and do not have problems with the delivery of goods to the respective stores.
On the products of little-known companies, we recommend that you do not pay attention. It often breaks, and sometimes even injures an employee. Yes, and the delivery of such a tool under warranty can be a problem, while service centers of large manufacturers are available even in not the largest cities.
In our country, the most popular tile cutters of the following companies:
This, of course, does not end the list of major manufacturers of tile cutters.
The best electric tile cutters
Husqvarna TS 66 R
This tool can be safely called professional. Reliable legs are used for its installation in the room. If necessary, you can make various improvements to this tile cutter. But in a standard form, the device has almost everything necessary.
For example, it includes a pump that feeds water to a circular saw. In this case, it is possible to adjust the flow until it stops completely. The saw itself moves here on a rail, which is located above the bed. This suggests that the cutting process is controlled without any problems.
Some disappointment with the buyer can cause only the lack of rulers, which is why you have to cut tiles “by eye”. But we must not forget that the rulers can be installed independently – there are factory stops for this. But the problem of the high cost of the tile cutter cannot be solved. But can a professional tool be cheap?
• The circular saw is supplied with water;
• Reliable and steady legs;
• Easy saw maneuvering;
• The water supply is adjustable;
• Minimum number of chips.
• Water may spray slightly during operation;
• No rulers included;
• Many will not be affordable.
ELITECH PE 600
A great tool with an unlimited length of cut. He carries out his work with the help of a 180 mm disk and an electric motor, the power of which reaches 0.6 kW. The disk is diamond, it perfectly copes with the processing of porcelain stoneware and ceramic tiles. Also, the tile cutter includes anompous water cooling.
By the way, the machine is completely not afraid of contact with water, since it is made of high-strength plastic – there is really nothing to rust here. The desktop is additionally coated with zinc, for greater beauty it is powder coated.
• It has no restrictions in terms of the maximum cut length;
• Convenient work;
• Reliable diamond blade included;
• High power electric motor;
• Implemented water cooling.
• Not the most beautiful appearance;
• May seem overly massive.
DIAM SP-200 / 0.8 600030
One of the most advanced electric tile cutters. The tool stands on reliable legs. If necessary, it can provide a 500 mm cut length. The diameter of the saw blade installed here is 200 mm. As for the landing hole, its diameter is 25.4 mm.
The diamond wheel can be rotated here, which is extremely unusual for tile cutters. In this case, the rotation angle can reach 45 degrees. The operation of this device is provided by a 0.8 kW engine. He spins the disc to a speed of 3000 rpm.
In a word, the tool does not have any serious flaws. You only need to ensure that the water in the pan is clean. Also, it does not hurt to stock up on headphones, since cutting tiles is a noisy affair.
• Cooling by water is healthy;
• The kit comes with a very good drive;
• High speed of rotation of equipment;
• It is impossible to complain about engine power;
• Available turning diamond wheel;
• Stable construction.
• The work is noisy;
• Very high cost.
This device belongs to the family of inexpensive tile cutters. However, even such a tool is quite suitable for professional use. The main advantage of this model is its easy transportation. When assembled, it is placed in a relatively small suitcase! At the same time, the device copes well with “gres” and tile. It is important that the tool works without unnecessary noise, and it spends water very carefully – it does not spray at all.
Unfortunately, the Rubi ND-180-BL tile cutter is far from ideal. Firstly, the buyer may not like the complete discs. Secondly, the ideal appearance of the desktop is lost after the first operation. But with all these problems it is quite possible to come to terms.
• Very easy transportation;
• High reliability;
• Relatively low noise level;
• Built-in powerful electric motor;
• Does not spray water on the sides.
• Some types of tiles are not amenable to the device;
• It is better to replace complete discs immediately.
Fubag PK 30 M
One of the most expensive electric tile cutters. It has very large dimensions, and for cutting it uses a 300-millimeter disk. All this allows you to cut tiles of almost any size. The manufacturer himself declares that the length of the cut is unlimited here.
Looking at the design of the device, it is difficult to doubt these words. Separately, the engine should be noted – its power reaches an impressive 2.2 kW. The forces of this motor will be enough even to ensure that the equipment is not stuck in the finishing stone. And we’ll keep silent about the usual tile, since the disk goes along it, as if oily.
• The table has a zinc coating;
• Warranty from the manufacturer is two years;
• Incredibly powerful engine;
• The tool copes with any material;
• You can work with tiles of any size;
• Water cooling greatly reduces the amount of dust;
• The disc has a 300 mm diameter.
• Cost may seem prohibitive.
The simplest tile cutter from a Russian manufacturer. This is the worst case for professional use. But if you encounter cutting tiles very rarely, then such a tool may well suit you. You only need to prepare for the fact that from time to time the structure will have to be modified, as minor breakdowns will certainly occur here.
As for the capabilities of the device, you could easily guess about them yourself. The tool cuts ceramics by dipping a disc into a container of water. The working surface is very good – it is smooth, which ensures a good tile course.
• The price tag minimum for an electric tile cutter;
• A smooth work surface is used;
• There is a tray where water is poured;
• Very small size and weight.
• Minor breakdowns occur regularly;
• Perfectly even cut is rarely achieved.
Best Hand Tile Cutter
BATTIPAV PROFI 100 ALU
This tile cutter differs from many analogues in that it is manual. Moreover, it is much more expensive than many electric tools! The high cost is due to the fact that it is not inferior to electrical products in the quality of the cut. At the same time, he does not need a power outlet, which allows him to work even somewhere on the street, equipping the building’s facade, a public transport stop or a fountain.
The maximum tool provides a cut length of 1030 mm, which in most cases will be quite enough. He can cope with both traditional ceramics and porcelain. The weight of the tile cutter is 14.7 kg – it can not be called light. The maximum cutting depth reaches 15 mm.
• The extender is included in the package;
• Cutting roller of excellent quality;
• Monorail was created from hard and durable metal;
• Does not require an electrical connection;
• Cope with both ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles.
• Employee efforts required;
• Astronomical price tag.
Which tile cutter to buy
- Many professionals call the Husqvarna TS 66 R the best choice. This tool cuts tiles precisely, virtually avoiding chips. To facilitate the process, water is poured onto the saw – its flow is regulated by the worker. Everything is in order here and with legs that are attached very securely (and when transporting the tile cutter, they are easily unscrewed).
- ELITECH PE 600 can also be a good choice. This tile cutter is quite massive, but because of this, an unlimited cut length is realized here. The tool also received water cooling. The diamond blade included in the tile cutter has a 180 mm diameter.
- DIAM SP-200 / 0.8 600030 is more expensive than many competitors. But then it works without any complaints. The device has a 200 mm circle and water cooling. Almost any tile is cut with this tool evenly and quickly, if chipped, it is extremely rare. In a word, this is the best choice if you process tiles almost every day!
- If you regularly work with tiles on the road, then you may need the Rubi ND-180-BL. This tool can be taken with you even in a confined space. The tile cutter fits easily in the trunk, as when folded it turns into a relatively compact suitcase. However, the buyer is advised to purchase third-party equipment, as the supplied discs are of dubious quality.
- When working in the absence of electricity, it is necessary to look towards manual tile cutters. One of the best tools of this kind is the BATTIPAV PROFI 100 ALU. He is able to cut diagonally tiles with a size of 720 × 720 mm – this suggests that the product is ideally suited for work on cladding facades.
- The ideal tile cutter is the Fubag PK 30 M. This device quickly cuts not only ceramic with porcelain stoneware, but also facing stone! As befits such an instrument, it has water cooling, which reduces the temperature of the disk and reduces the amount of dust that arises. The size of the processed tiles here is practically unlimited. Only the amount requested by sellers can confuse.
- If you do not consider yourself a professional, then we advise you to buy Practice 1872. This Russian tool may well appeal to you for its simplicity. The device is inexpensive, while it copes with any ceramics. The problem is that the tool cannot provide an even cut – precisely because of this, the professional will not even look towards this model.