When performing carpentry, installation and finishing work, it is often very difficult to do without a miter saw. Only with its help it is possible to cut the workpiece at the right angle with absolute accuracy. Thanks to trimming, both productivity and the quality of connection of structural elements are significantly increased. But only if you use a quality tool in your work – at least one of the best ones given in the article below.
Miter saw which company to choose
In the market of power tools, goods of different quality are offered. There is always a risk to buy a miter saw and use it only a few times. Therefore, it is recommended to purchase these units from time-tested manufacturers.
The most popular segment manufacturers include:
Metabo is a German manufacturer whose history began in 1924. Today is one of the leading companies in the production of power tools. Deliveries are made to 100 countries of the world.
Bosch is a world famous concern from Germany, which began operations in 1886. It implements both professional and amateur status tools in more than 150 countries.
Makita is a Japanese manufacturing giant specializing in electric, gasoline powered tools. It began its journey in 1915 – after more than 100 years, the company’s products are known in 160 countries.
DeWALT is a North American brand with 90 years of history. A manufacturer from the USA makes a professional power tool. The company’s plants operate in Brazil, Italy, the Czech Republic, Canada.
The best low power miter saws
N = 1010 W
Makita LS 0714 is a small-sized bench-top tool with a disc diameter of 19 cm. It is designed for 1 rotation speed of 6 thousand rpm, cut height and width, respectively, 5.2 and 30 cm, as well as tilt and swivel angles : 45 and 57 °.
Available: horizontal movement, adjustment of the cutting depth, spindle lock, braking of the brush motor. Miter saws wood, as well as plastic and metal with appropriate equipment. For ease of operation, collection and removal of chips is provided.
- protective double insulation and disk casing;
- thanks to extendable supports it is easy to process long materials;
- light weight and compactness, facilitating convenient transportation and storage;
- high-quality assembly, lack of backlash, ease of movement, accurate and clean cut;
- ergonomic handle.
- lack of tables;
- the valve sticks in the dust bag.
There are minor disadvantages that do not affect the overall positive opinion. Examples of excellent wood processing, and of different types, are given. Users noted that the saw completely justifies its price.
N = 1200 W
Metabo KGS 216 M – cross-cutting machine with the following technical characteristics: Ø saw blade – 21.6 cm; the number of revolutions per minute – 5000; Max. cut in width and depth – 30.5 cm and 6.5 cm; the rotation and tilt angles are the same – 47 °, and in both directions.
In the presence of the tool: cast aluminum construction, spindle lock, laser marker and LED backlight. The clamp secures the workpieces of wood, aluminum and plastic in front or on top. Maximum power can be 1.5 kW, but not more than 7 minutes.
- the ability to smoothly extend the table and broach for wide processed materials;
- easily accessible brushes, practical sawdust removal system, good “native” disk;
- the backlight and laser greatly simplify the work;
- assembly level, smooth cut, little noise;
- comfortable grip, affordable cost.
- selective complaints about the laser and backlight – sometimes fail, are not always effective in dusty work.
Solid model – for the construction of frame houses is an indispensable “thing”. Slightly spoils the reputation given minus.
N = 1400 W
Bosch GCM 800 SJ is a tabletop appliance in which the blade diameter is 21.6 cm, the tilt is possible up to 45 °, the rotation is available up to 47 °, while at a rotation speed of 5.5 thousand rpm it is possible to saw in width and height by 270 and 70 mm, respectively.
The machine has spindle lock and soft start functions, as well as the ability to connect a vacuum cleaner. In the presence of large stops for fixing blanks and a transparent casing for safe operation. Miter boards are sawn, laminate, lining – when using a special disk, aluminum and plastic billets are processed.
- for the correct inclusion of the apparatus, a limitation of the starting current is provided;
- excellent build quality, high security, comfortable closed handle;
- cutting accuracy “at height”; indestructible “engine”;
- Warranty period is 3 years.
- misunderstanding may occur with the use of clamps.
Users believe that the device is chic, working with it is a pleasure.
Best mid-range miter saws
N = 1520 W
Hitachi C10FCE2 is a trimming model characterized by a 255 mm blade diameter, 5 thousand rpm of rotational speed, 144 and 89 mm of cut width and depth, 45 and 52 ° of tilt and swivel angles. The tool handle is rubberized, so it is firmly held in the palm of your hand.
The dust extraction system protects the respiratory system, improves the visibility of the treatment area, and maintains cleanliness in the workplace. For ease of operation, a clamp is included in the kit, which fixes the workpiece during work. The machine is designed for trimming materials: polymer, metal, wood.
- double cable insulation, spindle lock;
- easy to fold and carry;
- cutting is performed efficiently, smoothly and accurately;
- good assembly, ease of use, reliability, lack of runout;
- budget cost.
- sometimes inaccuracies on the scale, which are easily corrected.
From the reviews we can conclude: the given option is the best when a reliable tool is required, and the budget is limited.
N = 1600 W
Bosch GCM 8 SJL Professional is a professional machine equipped with a brush motor, a saw blade Ø 26.1 cm, a laser marker, an additional protective cover and U-shaped stops necessary for working with long material – horizontal processing is possible for processing wide workpieces.
The number of rpm is 5500, the width and height of the cut are 31.2 and 7 cm, the rotation is carried out at 45 °, the inclination is at 47 °. Thanks to the 2-point dust extraction, the chips are collected both during the lengthy cuts and at their completion. The device is used for processing a wide variety of materials, including when laying floors and restoration.
- the laser used is not harmful to the eyes;
- exact factory settings, lack of backlashes;
- significant working resource, reliability and ease of use;
- high performance, easy adjustment;
- accuracy of a cut, lack of chips;
- comfortable non-slip handle.
- dust extraction is good, but could be better.
Excellent trimming, which has virtually no flaws – both factory and operational. Everything is thought out to the smallest detail. Users are satisfied – recommend.
N = 1675 W
DeWALT DWS 780 – a model for professional builders: the diameter of the blade is 3.05 cm, the rotation speed is 3.8 thousand rpm, the saw tilt is 49 °, the table rotation is from ‒50 to +60 °, the width / depth of cut is 34.9 / 11.2 cm
In the presence of speed control, horizontal movement, built-in ventilation, protective safety cover, backlight. Thanks to the positioning system, using its shadow, the blade precisely aligns along the cut line.
For the convenience of processing wood and other materials, the following are provided: a closed handle with a button, fixing profiles and 2 guides that give the device stability.
- electronic speed control, cutting depth limiter;
- very strong design, high-quality performance;
- ease of use, a wide range of angles of rotation and tilt;
- smooth running, slices are smooth and clean;
- ergonomics, aesthetic appearance.
- big weight, high price.
An excellent high-tech machine, which can cut several cubes of lumber per day, and with high quality – exactly, precisely and without chips.
N = 1700 W
Metabo KGSV 216 M – a table tool with a blade Ø 21.6 cm, a rotational speed of 5500 rpm and a cut in depth (width) of 65 (305) mm – the saw tilts and the table rotates 47 ° in both directions.
It is equipped with 2 table extensions, a clip for blanks, an emphasis for cutting, a bag for sawdust, a backlight and a laser. It has the capabilities of horizontal movement, speed adjustment and maintaining their number under load. The saw blade cuts both laminate and aluminum profiles.
- Thanks to the spindle lock, disc replacement is quick and easy;
- for wide workpieces, a broaching function is provided;
- the use of full-wave electronics;
- the presence of convenient handles and a working head lock promotes safe and comfortable transportation;
- smooth start, adjustment and support of turns, and also other functions work according to the instruction – without failures;
- the cutting is smooth and accurate, the laser is not clogged with sawdust.
- sometimes the power supply peeps, sawdust does not always fall into the bag.
Full satisfaction with the device – the design is thought out to the smallest detail, quality assembly, excellent operation, adequate price. Users recommend.
The best high power miter saws
N = 1800 W
Ankor Corvette 4-430 is a powerful machine that saws at a height of 75 mm and a width of 430 mm at a speed of 4.8 thousand rpm with a 254 mm disc. Tilt and rotation are respectively 45 and 60 °.
Trimming, except for the canvas itself, consists of a brush motor, 2 table extenders, a laser with 2 batteries, a dust bag.
Available features spindle lock and electronic motor braking. The tool has a wide range of work – depending on the equipment it processes hard and soft wood, plastic, laminate, aluminum, and at different angles and combined.
- fixed sawing angles, spare brushes, clamp;
- large cutting width, good cuts, smooth running;
- powerful electric motor, precision laser;
- esthetic appearance, low price.
- periodically there is a need for reconfiguration;
- inconvenient change of disks.
Positive reviews prevail significantly, but when buying this tool, attention should be paid to the factory settings, which, by the way, are simply fixed. Given the very low cost, a car in its class can be considered one of the best.
N = 2000 W
Bosch GCM 12 GDL – a powerful unit, characterized by the following indicators: canvas Ø – 30.5 cm; speed – 3800 per minute; dimensions of maximum cut – 10.4 × 34.1 cm; maximum slope and rotation – 47 and 60 °.
In the presence of a tool: a laser marker, a regulator of the depth of cut, a spindle lock, an overrun brake, as well as extendable supports and 2 protective covers. For reliable fastening of the workpieces, a vertical clamp and persistent profiles of considerable height are provided. The stationary machine is designed for professional wood sawing.
- modern pulling mechanism, soft closed handle;
- systems, dust extraction, soft start, 2-beam laser guide;
- high-quality assembly, lack of backlash, even exact cut;
- a large operational resource, indirectly confirmed by a 3-year warranty;
- elegant appearance.
- big weight, “decent” cost.
Very high marks for this tool. In its price range, there are no competitors – according to users.
N = 2200 W
Metabo KGS 315 Plus is a high-power structure, the blade of which Ø 31.5 cm at a speed of 4100 rpm cuts 12 cm in depth and 32 cm in width. The blade can be tilted ± 46 °, the barrel rotates from +60 to – 47 °. The machine is available to adjust the depth of cut, speed adjustment, horizontal movement, maintaining constant speed.
The equipment includes 2 table extensions, clamping device, thrust profiles, connection under the bag for sawdust. The tool successfully cuts synthetic materials, various wood, soft metal.
- soft start, laser, backlight, additional handle;
- the table, characterized by high strength, is made by casting from an aluminum alloy;
- additional options are very practical;
- large power reserve, safe operation, clean quality cut;
- usability, ergonomics.
- at sharp angles, the casing prevents work.
Users of high opinion about trimming, otherwise it would hardly be called “wonderful”.
What miter saw to buy
The choice and purchase of trimming should come from the tasks that are planned to be performed by the tool. Depending on them, you can buy a household or professional model. In addition, power, nozzle diameter, rotation speed, maximum tilt and table rotation angles, as well as cut sizes and other options are taken into account.
1. Makita LS 0714 is more than enough for periodic cutting of skirting boards, aluminum battens and blanks for picture frames.
2. When building a summer house or utility building, you can use Hitachi C10FCE2.
3. For the regular construction of frame houses, a good choice is Metabo KGS 315 Plus.
4. A lover of a good tool can buy Bosch GCM 8 SJL Professional. Of course, for use, and not as a trophy. It will be a pleasure to work with him.