There are a lot of caring cosmetics on the market, and manufacturers are vying to talk about their safety and naturalness. However, only oils extracted from plants can be called truly natural cosmetics. In the botanical pantry there are effective remedies for any type of skin, but they need to be chosen correctly. We offer a rating of the best oils for home care and the preparation of natural cosmetics that can solve any skin problems, restore its health and beauty.
Which skin oil to choose
Choosing quality oils will require a good knowledge of geography. This is especially true for products obtained from exotic plants. So, it is better to buy olive oil from Spain, Italy or Greece, coconut from India or Taiwan, black cumin from the UAE or Egypt.
A wide selection of cosmetic and essential oils for skin care of various types are offered by the following companies:
6. TM “The Kingdom of Aromas”
8. LLC “Natural oils”
9. Mi & ko
The best oils for dry skin
The 70% most popular moisturizing component of home and factory care products consists of omega-9 oleic acid, which eliminates dryness. Another 10-15% is accounted for by linoleic and palmitic NLCs, which are responsible for rejuvenating the dermis and retaining water in its cells.
- It smooths the skin well, restoring its elasticity;
- Gives maximum moisturizing effect;
- Eliminates peeling;
- Evens complexion;
- Saves lip skin from chapping.
- Leaves a greasy film;
- Clogs in the pores.
It is better to buy Extra Virgin varieties without impurities. Such products are in the product lines of Spar and Rafael Salgado (Spain), Raineri, Monini Classico and Filippo Berio (all from Italy).
An excellent remedy for the protection, softening and rejuvenation of dry skin, which can be freely bought at the pharmacy. 50% consists of lauric acid, which regenerates the skin and restores its lost barrier function. Coconut oil has one remarkable property: even when applied externally, it is able to normalize hormones.
- Smoothes crow’s feet and fine wrinkles;
- Well nourishes and moisturizes the skin;
- Better than any cream in winter protects the face and lips;
- In the summer it helps to achieve an even tan;
- Heals cracks in the arms and heels, eliminates peeling;
- Suitable for the prevention of stretch marks during pregnancy;
- Nice and persistent chocolate flavor.
- Clogs large pores on the skin;
- Not suitable for those who are allergic to chocolate.
According to reviews, coconut oil is paired with olive oil, especially in the treatment of cracks and peeling on overdried skin. Preference should be given to oils produced by Tropicana Oil and Banna (Taiwan), Baraka (Sri Lanka), Aromatics.
The best remedy for overdried and roughened skin is obtained from the seeds of nutmeg or ordinary pumpkin by a simple extraction after gentle heat treatment. As a result, the oil increases the yield of essential omega-3 acids, vitamin A and phospholipids, which restore skin cells. It also contains plant analogues of hormones that have a rejuvenating effect, vitamins K, P, selenium, zinc and other trace elements.
- Intensively moisturizes the skin;
- Softens coarsened areas (on elbows, knees, heels);
- Improves complexion;
- Heals small wounds and burns;
- Improves skin resistance to infections;
- Works well as a UV filter;
- Smoothes a tan;
- Has a pleasant aroma with nutty notes.
- Clogs pores;
- In rare cases, it can cause a skin reaction.
Good pumpkin seed oil is produced by Agroselprom, Oil King, Fragrances of Life and the German company OleGut.
The best oils for normal skin
It has refreshing and nourishing properties. This is a true leader in the content of vitamin E, slowing down skin aging. The same anti-aging and detox functions in the composition of soybean oil are performed by lecithin and omega-3 acids.
- Improves the appearance of tarnished skin;
- It softens and tones;
- Provides active nutrition to cells;
- It retains moisture well;
- Smoothes out small wrinkles.
- The smell is not pleasant;
- Crude oil has a short shelf life;
- May provoke the appearance of black dots.
Cold Virgin soybean oil is suitable for skin care – it retains more nutrients than after extraction. For the same reason, it is better to leave a refined product for culinary experiments, and choose unpurified for the skin: Golden Kings (Agroselprom) or Italian BIO.
It contains the maximum amount of squalene – a substance responsible for the preservation of water in the skin cells and effectively combating carcinogens. Of the vitamins, A, D, E, B1 and B2 are especially widely represented, as well as the essential omega-3 and 6 PUFAs.
- Rejuvenates the skin, maintaining its tone;
- Moisturizes and softens;
- Helps to cope with the manifestations of allergies and herpes;
- Anesthetizes wounds and bites, accelerates skin healing;
- Improves the tone of the face;
- Effectively treats burns;
- Prevents the development of skin cancer.
- More often extracted by CO2 extraction, which impoverishes the composition;
- Greasy, slowly absorbed;
- Very expensive.
Good amaranth oil is produced by Eco-Pro, Russian Oliva LLC and Amafor.
The best oils for combination skin
Includes an extensive family of B vitamins, the entire “top three beauty” (A, C and E), as well as tannins. But its main components are linoleic and oleic acids – omega-6 and 9. They make up 95% of the total mass, so the effect of the oil is determined precisely by their beneficial properties.
- Accelerates skin regeneration, relieves inflammation;
- Smoothes expression lines;
- Very light and quickly absorbed;
- There is no sensation of a sticky film;
- Can be used as a base for makeup;
- Does not clog pores in oily areas of the T-zone;
- Washes off even persistent cosmetics;
- Helps in the fight against cellulite.
- With very dry skin, the moisturizing effect will be insufficient;
- Many fakes in the market.
When buying, pay attention to the smell of oil – the present does not smell like grapes, but nuts. Cosmetic, on the other hand, is purified and should not have any aroma at all. Good products are made by Farmakom, Mirolla, Botanika, Oleos, Pompeian and Now Foods.
This truly universal oil can be used for any skin problems, and for combination it is simply perfect. The list of useful properties is very long, but the main thing is that ylang-ylang effectively moisturizes dry areas and reduces the opening of pores in greasy. Also, this oil tones well aging skin and starts the process of collagen production.
- Normalizes sebum production;
- Tightens pores without clogging them;
- Returns skin elasticity, well tightens the neckline;
- Literally polishes the surface of the dermis;
- Relieves itching;
- Elegant smell – perfectly deodorizes.
- Not suitable for enriching factory cosmetics;
- In its pure form, it can harm the skin, causing peeling and redness.
For cosmetic use, only grade I or Extra oil (sometimes referred to as Bourbon) is suitable. Such products are manufactured by Mi & ko, Firoil, Farmakom and Cananga Odorata.