Electric curlers – this is 30-40 minutes of saved time for morning training. They do not burn hair like tongs, they do not dry out strands as much as hair dryers, and therefore today are considered to be almost the best means for styling. Using them is no more difficult than using conventional hair curlers – unless you have to boil them in a saucepan next to the scrambled eggs, and then burn your fingers, dragging cylinders of hot water. But just choose your first kit, not knowing all the nuances, it is difficult. In order not to get burned here, we offer a rating of the best electric curlers, compiled according to customer reviews.
Which curlers to choose which company
In that niche of the market, where small beauty equipment manufacturers live, it’s not so crowded, and only a few venture to produce electric curlers. However, there is no shortage of good styling products. Moreover, the top lines of the TOPs are not occupied by giants from the world of electronics.
If you make a rating of the popularity of the best manufacturers of electric curlers, the picture is as follows:
The products of these manufacturers are distinguished by quality and reliability, heat up quickly and are able to create strong curls on almost any hair that hold their shape for a long time.
The best electric curlers in standard sets of 20 pieces
Such kits are widely available for sale, although they cannot be called universal. As a rule, they include 3 types of curlers: large, medium and small diameter. But some always turn out to be slightly smaller, so you have to choose when buying: do you need more curls or a maximum of volume?
Remington KF40E Fast Curls
The kit comes with 3 sizes of Teflon curlers with wax cores: 4 with a diameter of 20 mm, 10 (23 mm each) and 6 (27 mm) – you can make horizontal and spiral curls or just add volume to your hair. Power consumption 420 W, heating time 10 minutes.
- There is an ionization function to remove static electricity from the hair;
- Thermally insulated ends – fingers do not burn, but heat is felt;
- Curls are crisp, keep their shape well;
- Teflon coating is resistant to cosmetics, does not burn and does not get dirty;
- Not too heavy;
- The kit is enough for the full wrapping of thick hair of medium length;
- Works great on slightly damp hair;
- Long cord – 1.8 m.
- Unpleasant smell at the first inclusion;
- The indicator does not turn off – you need to time yourself;
- If you tighten the curls tightly, creases from the clamps may remain.
Temperature adjustment is not provided here, so customers are advised to navigate by time. To + 50 ° C, the curlers will warm up about 3 minutes after switching on, to +80 after 8. If you overexpose, the temperature can reach + 110 ° C.
BaByliss PRO 3021E
The colorful kit includes 8 curlers with a large diameter of 38 mm, as well as 6 pieces of medium (25 mm) and small (19 mm) cylinders. It also includes 20 butterfly hairpins and as many removable metal brackets. The rollers are made of ceramic and have a velor coating. The minimum heating rate is 4 minutes, the color temperature indicator is located on the head of one of the cylinders (when ready, it turns white). The power of the device is 230 watts.
- Fast heating;
- Keep a stable temperature for about 15 minutes;
- Included is a bag for storing clips;
- A very long cord (2.7 m) rotates well, without twisting;
- Do not leave creases on the hair;
- Reliable – serve for years;
- Pleasant to the touch;
- The curlers come with grooves for the initial fixation of the strand;
- You can choose a convenient mount.
- Curlers are heavy, and the whole box will pull 2 kg;
- The price of this model is one of the highest.
Girls like that on the second day after the BaByliss PRO curl, the hairstyle maintains a pleasant volume, although there are no more curls as such.
Valera 657.01 Roll & Clip
This kit is also claimed to be professional. The kit includes 20 ceramic curlers with a diameter of 15 mm with self-locking “Velcro” on the base and fixed clips. Power consumption of the device is 250 W. Of the additional amenities: in the bottom of the container there is a place to store the power cord.
- They heat up very quickly;
- There is a color indicator of curler readiness for use;
- Convenient size for curling short hair;
- Fixing is more convenient than with ordinary brackets, and the clamps are not lost;
- For responsive hair wrapping, 5 minutes of heating are enough;
- “Cold” edge on all curlers;
- 2 years warranty from the manufacturer.
- High price;
- It is difficult to remove and mix hair.
Due to the tenacity of Roll & Clip curlers, it is better to use them on short or medium hair. Owners of long curls simply can not take videos without ruining the hair.
The best electric curlers in large sets (24-30 pcs.)
This is ideal for those who love variety. In large professional kits, there are always enough electric curlers to create different effects on the hair. And the choice of sizes is increasing, which allows you to do a wave on any length.
Valera 605.01 Quick 24
A large set for long hair from 24 curlers with velor coating: 8 pieces of each diameter. Metal brackets also go separately for their size rollers (so as not to get confused, their ends are painted in different colors). But the “butterflies” are all standard – but they are here a complete set (24 pieces). The power of the device is 400 watts, so that it will be ready for operation in 10 minutes.
- A sufficient number of curlers of all sizes;
- Convenient storage of the cord (fixed with special clamps on the legs);
- A large number of crabs and hairpins;
- Fast heating to high temperatures;
- They give a chic volume to the hair, and curls hold for a long time;
- On three rollers there are discolored heat indicator points;
- Strands cling well to rough velor.
- There is practically no effect on stale “yesterday’s” hair;
- Some women are not comfortable using the brackets in the kit;
- Bulky container.
BaByliss PRO BAB3031E (30 pcs.)
A professional set of electric curlers with a ceramic coating includes 3 groups of 8 rollers with a diameter of 22, 25 and 38 mm, as well as 6 thin cylinders (19 mm). The device operates in two gentle temperature conditions: +73 and + 87 ° С. At a maximum, it consumes 0.4-0.5 kW, but heating the box takes only 4-5 minutes. Ceramics holds the set temperature as standard – 15 min.
15 “butterflies” and 30 clamps-brackets are included. It is especially nice that they have their own storage bag.
- Very high heating rate;
- They work well even on “complex” hair that does not hold a curl;
- There is a mode of maintaining the temperature in the container;
- Overheat protection;
- Possibility of vertical placement during storage and work with the box;
- Double leaf cover and folding stand for convenience;
- Deep curler slots that reduce the risk of burns.
- Hard to feel on the head;
- Very high price.
Clatronic LV 3371 (24 pcs.)
Everything is pretty standard here: 3 “families” of different sizes, with 8 curlers in each. The cylinders are made of metal with ceramic coating and traditionally have protective linings at the ends. But the box itself is worthy of attention: compact, despite the spaciousness, it also provides for temperature control in the chamber. The storage of the power cord is also organized in an interesting way – it is automatically rolled up and put into its compartment (as in a vacuum cleaner). The power of the device is 400 watts, the heating time of the camera is 12 minutes.
- Curlers do not require special care and frequent cleaning;
- They heat up very quickly;
- You can choose the optimum temperature yourself;
- There is protection against overheating;
- Thermally insulated body with non-slip legs;
- Affordable price.
- Inconvenient metal clamps, moreover, sometimes fall off;
- “Butterflies” are not included.
Customers in their reviews note that Clatronic curlers give rather soft curls, so this option is more suitable for women with hair below their shoulders.
The best electric curlers in small sets
Owners of long and thin hair do not need to spend money on large sets of electric hair curlers – even small sets will completely satisfy their needs for home styling. And compact boxes do not take up much space on a shelf or even in a travel bag.
Philips HP4611 (16 pcs.)
A somewhat non-standard kit in terms of material selection. It includes 4 large diameter ceramic curlers; small and medium here are 6 pieces, but they already come with a velvet coating. The set includes 16 hairpin clips and 4 “butterflies”. The power consumption of the device is 400 watts, so the manufacturer quite reasonably promises quick heating of the curler to +100 .. + 135 ° C in just 5-15 minutes.
- Quick “acceleration” to the desired temperature;
- Special gloves are included to protect against burns;
- Indicators of heating and availability;
- There is a compartment for storing the cord, a wire of sufficient length (1.8 m);
- Low price for this quality.
- Few crabs – only for large curlers;
- Inconvenient hairpins weakly hold strands.
When curling long hair with a few “butterflies”, you can use it to attach medium curlers. For the rest, it is better to immediately pick the crabs separately, not counting on complete studs.
Vitek WINX WX-2052 BL (12 pcs.)
A children’s (or teenage) set is knocked out of the total mass of electric curlers in all respects. First of all, a flat briefcase case draws attention to itself – it also serves as a heating box and a bag for storage / transportation. The inside is still more interesting: instead of the heating elements, safer PTC ceramic elements are installed here, which do not allow overheating.
The cylinders themselves are also non-standard: they look very much like flexible curlers (the so-called “boomerangs”) and are completely covered from the outside with a rubber sheath that prevents burns. The power consumption of this unusual device is only 30 W, but the heating time has not increased here – all the same 10-15 minutes.
- They can work even from a network of 100 W;
- In the handbag-case there is an LED-indicator of heating;
- Convenient and safe to use set;
- Attractive design
- Affordable price.
- For an adult woman, curlers are not too functional;
- Do not create a basal volume – only curls.
The idea of combining convenient boomerangs with electric curlers earned approval among buyers, but specifically this model is aimed at children and creating a gentle curl.
Binatone HR-09 (8 pcs.)
The smallest set in our review has only 8 curlers – 4 medium and narrow rollers each. But each of them comes with a convenient hairpin-crab. The device turned out to be very compact and lightweight, weighing only 600 grams. In addition, there is a handbag in the kit, so he obviously begs you on a business trip or on a trip. Power consumption is 35 W, but it takes 5-10 minutes to heat up. And the most interesting thing is that the curlers are ready to be recognized by their color – they turn white from lilac.
- They heat up quickly;
- The clamps are reliable and hold the curlers tightly on the hair;
- By the color of the cylinders it is easy to determine their readiness for work;
- Excellent quality;
- Manufacturer’s warranty 2 years;
- Low price.
- For home use, 8 curlers are not enough;
- There is no auto power off function;
- Not too convenient boxing.
To keep the curl better, customers advise these curlers to wind on slightly damp hair.