In this post, I have gathered the best Car Amplifiers 2020 presently obtainable.
If you want to get maximum pleasure from music in a car, you will have to spend a lot of money. Firstly, you need a relatively good car radio. Secondly, you need to stock up on acoustics, which would include not only speakers, but also a subwoofer. And thirdly, and most importantly, with a large number of speakers you will need a car amplifier. As its name implies, it significantly amplifies the signal so that its power is enough to output at the highest volume. As they say, it is impossible to win competitions in car audio without an amplifier. Moreover, it must be of high quality. You will read about the best amplifiers in the car below.
Car amplifier which company to choose
In fact, any device of this type consists of an audio chip, capacitors, a microcircuit, and several connectors. It’s easy to guess that it’s easiest to make amplifiers for the car to companies familiar to us with different audio equipment. However, completely different companies occupy the largest market share – those associated with various auto electronics. Apparently, buyers trust them, as they already have a navigator, car TV or car radio under the same brand.
Amplifiers under the following trademarks are the most popular among Russian consumers:
But this does not mean that quality products are produced only by these companies. When choosing an amplifier for a car, you can pay attention to devices from Sony, JPL and some other companies – most often they also do not cause any particular complaints.
Best Single Channel Amplifiers
This device is very small. And this is very important, since the interior of the car is not infinite. The amplifier belongs to class D and is single-channel. It differs from many competitors by the current scheme. It has increased stability and low output impedance. As a result, the device provides a power of about 300 watts at 3 ohms. At 2 ohms, this parameter can already reach 500 watts. Of course, in this case we are talking about rated power. At the peak, the sound power can be 600 and 1000 watts, respectively.
Some customers may complain that the harmonic distortion is quite high, reaching 0.5%. But in practice this is not felt at all – after all, in 100% of cases, a subwoofer is connected to this model. And his task is to hollow loudly, and not produce a clear sound.
- Power suits most buyers;
- Playable frequencies – from 10 to 240 Hz;
- There is a high-quality low-pass filter;
- Minimum sizes;
- Allows you to connect up to four subwoofers;
- Large power connectors;
- Very low resistance (1 ohm).
- There are no heat sinks;
- There are no settings.
This amplifier should be appreciated by everyone who wants to squeeze the maximum out of their subwoofers. The device is single-channel, but this does not interfere with connecting to it as many as four low-frequency! But most of all, this model is striking in its power characteristics. With a maximum resistance of 2 ohms, it is capable of delivering 1600 watts! If the resistance is twice as high, the parameter drops to 1000 watts. In this case, we are talking about peak power. If we talk about the minimum, then it is 800 and 500 watts with a resistance of 2 and 4 ohms, respectively.
As expected, the device has a low-pass filter operating in the range from 40 to 240 Hz. There is also a remote bass control. The amplifier belongs to class D, its harmonic distortion coefficient does not exceed 0.5%. Also, the device is able to boast of short circuit protection. In general, this is a very worthy instance designed for bass lovers.
- There is protection against short circuit;
- Power increased to tremendous values;
- Well-functioning low-pass filter;
- It is possible to connect several subwoofers;
- The device has compact dimensions;
- There is a bass level adjustment;
- Consumes a small amount of electricity.
- The price may seem overpriced.
Best Dual Channel Amplifiers
This model is not able to boast of some record power. She found a response in the hearts of customers thanks to her price tag. Mystery has never overstated its products at all. So the amplifier is relatively inexpensive – it can afford the absolute majority of car owners. The device is designed for two-channel acoustics, with its help you can achieve deep bass and clearly distinguishable high frequencies.
The amplifier takes up very little space in the car. At the same time, it belongs to the AB class, which indicates a rather high power consumption if you turn on the speakers at full volume. But this is the only serious drawback of the device. Otherwise, customers really like the low harmonic gain – the sound of the music is practically not distorted. Everything is in order here with frequency filters (low and high), which operate in the range of 50 – 250 Hz. You can also note the presence of two protection systems here – from short circuit and overload.
- Properly implemented two-channel system;
- In bridge switching power can reach 225 W;
- Not forgotten bass level adjustment;
- There are low and high pass filters;
- Harmonic coefficient – only 0.03%;
- There is protection against overload and short circuit;
- Reproducible frequencies – from 20 to 22000 Hz;
- Compact size;
- Low cost.
- Rated power at 2 ohms does not exceed 120 watts per channel;
- Inconvenient terminals;
- Not the lowest power consumption;
- The minimum number of settings.
This car amplifier costs a lot of money. But he fully justifies his price tag. Even the rated power at 4 ohms is very high here – 150 watts are supplied to each channel. But if you use bridge switching, then with the same 4 ohms, the power will be 1000 watts! This should especially appeal to those who want to know what a recently purchased subwoofer is capable of.
The device, if used in conjunction with high-quality acoustics, produces deep bass and clear sound in the middle and high frequencies. Harmonic distortions are present, but their coefficient is only 0.05% – you will find a smaller parameter only in studio audio equipment. The bass level here can be adjusted. However, this allows the vast majority of modern amplifiers for cars. This model belongs to class AB, so the load on the battery will be quite high.
- There is a low-pass filter (40 – 500 Hz);
- Maximum reproduces sound with a frequency of 70,000 Hz;
- Peak power at 4 ohms can reach 300 watts per channel;
- Quite acceptable rated power;
- A healthy two-channel system;
- Bridge switching increases power up to 1000 W;
- Minimum harmonic distortion;
- It is possible to adjust the bass level;
- Dimensions are not very large.
- There is no high pass filter.
The best four-channel amplifiers
Kicx RTS 4.100
This amplifier allows you to squeeze a lot out of every speaker and subwoofer you have. Of course, there are even more powerful models, but they cost a lot of money, which is why they are almost not in demand. Well, Kicx RTS 4.100 does not linger on store shelves for a long time. It is actively disassembled, and buyers later write rave reviews. In particular, they note the possibility of a bridge connection, in which the number of channels is reduced to two, but the power of each of them reaches 190 watts. As for the rated power at 4 ohms, it is equal to 100 watts per channel – this is also a very good parameter. At 2 ohms, the power increases exactly twice.
Otherwise, the characteristics of this amplifier can be called standard. The device is capable of outputting sound with frequencies from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. If desired, the user can use the Bass Boost function, which significantly enhances the low frequencies. There is also a built-in crossover. As with many other multi-channel models, the low-pass filter is complemented by a high-pass filter. Finally, the device is protected against overload, short circuit and overheating. As fuses, products are used marked 35 A.
- High power for a multi-channel amplifier;
- The dimensions remained very small;
- There are many remedies;
- Bass boost function;
- There is a built-in crossover;
- Low harmonic distortion.
- Some people may still not have enough power.
Once the Japanese company Sony made a name for itself precisely on audio equipment. Therefore, there is no doubt that her car amplifier will be a quality product. The device is highly reliable and quite small in size. Not everyone will like only the appearance – the amplifier is a modest block of black color, on the two side ends of which several connectors are located. However, a look at this device will fall extremely rarely.
The device provides accurate and deep sound. Thanks for this should first of all low-pass and high-pass filters. The rated power here is 45 watts per channel (with a resistance of 4 ohms). If bridge activation is used, then the power rises to much more impressive 100 watts per channel. Interestingly, the number of channels is not reduced. You can also note a low harmonic coefficient, equal to 0.08%. And finally, the Sony XM-S400D consumes the minimum amount of power coming to it from the battery – this is evidenced by class D.
- Relatively high power
- Deep and clear sound picture;
- Reproduces a wide frequency range;
- There are high and low pass filters;
- Protection against everything, up to excess of supply voltage;
- Belongs to class D;
- Harmonic distortion is not felt at all.
- No bass level adjustment;
- Some difficulties with installation;
- Overpriced price tag.
Which car amplifier to buy
You must understand that the choice of amplifier depends on what type of speakers you have mounted in your car. If you are just going to get it, then everything is much simpler – in the future you will be guided by the capabilities of your amplifier.
So, which models are worth paying attention to:
- Pioneer GM-D8601 and Pioneer GM-D9601 are the simplest single-channel models. They serve to connect one or more subwoofers to them.
- In the direction of the two-channel model Mystery MR-2.75 should be looked at if there is an audio pair – two speakers. However, it is possible to connect a low frequency to this amplifier instead of them (bridge switching is used).
- Pioneer GM-A5702 is also dual-channel, and therefore the advice on its purchase are the same.
- Buying a Kicx RTS 4.100 or Sony XM-S400D should be considered for audiophiles, in whose car there are many speakers and subwoofers. Although in fact these are universal models, after all, no one bothers to output two channels to the column at once, allocating the same amount of subwoofer.
Hope you will get your desire one on this article, “best Car Amplifiers”.