In this post, I have gathered the best Anti-Corrosion Agents 2020 presently obtainable.
The car body is essentially its face. Over time, its design begins to rust, especially if you do not pay due attention to it. Corrosion occurs for various reasons, but timely care will avoid this phenomenon as much as possible. But the automotive industry does not stand still and manufacturers are gradually developing and implementing resistant polymers, which, at the moment, are not available to everyone. For this reason, in this article, we will get to know the best anti-corrosion agents that will protect your car from rust as much as possible. The rating is based on customer feedback and product demand.
The anticorrosive agent which company to choose
Even a specialist will have difficulty answering the question “What is the best anti-corrosion agent?” Since it is impossible to find a universal one among a huge range of such products. The main criteria for the purchase can be called compliance with the stated requirements and the price that will be affordable.
We present you a list of popular anti-corrosion agents, which are placed in decreasing order of demand:
- Liqui Moly
As you can see, domestic products do not prevail in the list; most motorists prefer to use proven anticorrosive materials manufactured by foreign companies.
Corrosion inhibitors have several varieties, because they differ in their characteristics and purpose.
The main types can be identified as follows:
- Designed for hidden surfaces
- Used for external surfaces
Corrosion inhibitors for hidden surfaces should have the following properties:
- Have good adhesion.
- It is easy to penetrate areas damaged by corrosion.
- Repel moisture and electrolytes from surfaces.
- Soak in any cracks.
- Do not adversely affect the surface finish.
- Create an elastic and strong film.
- Have a homogeneous structure.
Those anti-corrosion agents that are used to process external surfaces (bodywork, wheel arches) must meet the following requirements:
- Have enclosing properties aimed at protecting against electrolytes.
- Have good adhesion.
- To withstand body deformations as much as possible.
- High elasticity.
- Have good durability so that no cracks or detachments appear upon impact of small stones or sand.
We bring to your attention the best anti-corrosion agents according to the opinions of most consumers.
The best anticorrosive agents for hidden surfaces
Among those anticores, those that have an oil base stand out especially. Also available in paraffin content. This provides a permanent liquid form of the composition, which allows you to carefully process even microcracks that are difficult to see with the naked eye.
In addition, such tools have a long service life, but they lack mechanical strength. For this reason, they are not used for exterior treatment of the body.
Hi Gear – The Best Seam Processing Tool
Rubber is the basis, so this type of coating significantly increases the life of the body parts. During processing, the surface is covered with a kind of film, which has excellent water-repellent properties. The tool has not only good anti-corrosion performance, but also provides protection against chemicals that process the road surface. Often used to protect seams and joints.
The advantages include the following properties:
- The composition includes corrosion inhibitors.
- It is distinguished by good noise reduction, as well as thermal insulation properties.
- Due to its excellent elasticity, even with a long period of use, it does not crack.
- Suitable for surface treatment of welds of any type.
Also, consumers note some disadvantages of this tool:
- During the initial treatment, it is necessary to apply a double layer of protective agent.
- It has low efficiency if the treated surface is heavily rusted.
The tool is in high demand among consumers who have new cars. Also, a lot of positive feedback is present from car owners with used vehicles in good condition.
Noxudol – providing excellent sound insulation
This tool was developed by a Swedish manufacturing company Auson for a long time. This composition differs from other similar materials on the market in that, in addition to reliable protection of body elements from corrosion and mechanical stress, it provides high-quality sound absorption.
The tool is produced in two types – one is intended for individual use, the second is used mainly at service stations. The substance is suitable for the processing of any body part, including internal elements, the bottom and other things. It is mainly used for coating internal parts. The main disadvantage is the prolonged drying of the product. Since this anticorrosion has a very thick consistency, individual processing becomes uncomfortable and time-consuming.
According to user reviews, this tool has the following advantages:
- A wide range of protective substances for the processing of metal elements of the car.
- The presence of special quality certificates, manufacturing in accordance with all European standards.
- The opportunity to purchase containers for both individual use and for large professional works.
- Good sound insulation.
By cons include:
- It takes a lot of time (up to three days) to dry after the initial treatment.
- Before processing, carefully insulate the wiring.
A large number of buyers opt for anti-corrosion products of this brand.
LIQUI MOLY – excellent value for money
These products are widely known both among Russian car owners and abroad. The advantage of this anti-corrosion agent is that it has an optimal price, which is combined with high quality. The products have excellent protective properties and are flexible.
The most effective solution is to apply two layers of this anticorrosive. Produced in Germany. In addition to anticorrosion products, the manufacturer offers a wide range of different products for car metal parts care.
Of the positive qualities, consumers note the following:
- It has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
- High adhesion – perfectly adheres even to those surfaces that are damaged by rust and others.
- It has good elasticity.
- With high quality it has an optimal cost.
There are also minor disadvantages:
- For high performance, a two-layer coating is required.
- It is susceptible to dirt and dust, has no repulsive properties.
Perhaps the most popular tool for internal processing among a huge number of consumers, including in the professional community.
The best anti-corrosion agents for external processing
Russian and foreign markets give car owners a wide range of such compounds. They are based on synthetic or bituminous resins. Means have also appeared that include zinc and other substances designed to slow down corrosion. Such anticores perform various functions. The following are anticorrosion products, which are most in demand among consumers and have a lot of positive reviews.
Dinitrol – durable protection against external damage
Made in Germany. The manufacturer has been specializing in this field since 1939, which affects the popularity and reliability of all funds. The product line is high quality products. It includes polyurethane adhesives, anti-corrosion and anti-gravel materials, as well as many others.
They are based on ortho and dinitrocomponents, which are developed and patented by the manufacturing company itself. Treatment with Dinitrol provides maximum protection for wheel arches, sills, underbody and other body elements from rust, chemical and mechanical influences. With proper application, the protection of metal surfaces will be durable.
Among the positive qualities are noted such as:
- It has a good level of sound absorption.
- The composition includes high-quality corrosion inhibitors.
- The surface becomes impervious after processing.
- Thixotropy – small mechanical damage gradually disappears on its own.
- Excellent adhesion – the applied layer reaches 1 cm.
But the minus is only one:
- An expensive remedy.
Those who do not save on compositions intended for car care make a choice in favor of Dinitrol and speak well of its qualities.
RunWay – reliability and record low cost
The tool is based on a polymer mixture. Due to this, a reliable protective coating is formed on the surface, resistant to mechanical damage and corrosion. Differs in low cost.
Especially popular is the anti-corrosion galvanic coating of this brand. Its composition is dominated by zinc. When processing, it reacts with the surface of the body, as a result of which a strong galvanic film appears, which has a gray tint. In addition, this tool can be used as a primer in preparation for painting the body. Great for regions with cold winters.
The pros include:
- Low price.
- It perfectly prevents the formation of corrosion.
- Two-layer coating provides protection for up to 3 years.
- It dries quickly.
The disadvantages of this tool are as follows:
- Poor soundproofing properties.
- Sometimes the aerosol system is of poor quality.
This composition is in demand in the northern corners of the country and beyond. Due to the reasonable ratio of cost and quality, most buyers prefer this particular anti-corrosion agent.
What anti-corrosion agent to buy
- To protect the exterior of the body in regions in which there are sharp changes in temperature, it is better to choose a RunWay brand product. It also has a record low price.
- LIQUI MOLY can be called a budget and quality option for processing internal parts.
- For processing the body and wheel arches of expensive cars, Dinitrol is perfect. The cost is higher than that of other compounds, but the German quality fully justifies it.
- If you need good sound absorption in combination with the protection of internal elements from corrosion – you can safely choose Noxydol. Also suitable for professional large-scale processing and sold in appropriate containers.
5. To prevent the spread of corrosion on internal parts, if it is already present, the Hi Gear anticorrosive is perfect. Users with used cars note among the advantages the good performance provided by the inhibitors that make up the tool.
Hope you will get your desire one on this article, “Best Anti-Corrosion Agents”.