In this post, I have gathered the best anti-gravel products 2020 presently obtainable.
The need to protect the elements of the body and ensure the aesthetic appearance of the vehicle is what makes motorists constantly look for the best anti-gravel coating in each particular case. When purchasing anti-gravel, buyers are guided by several factors: the price of the product, the degree of its adhesion to working materials, protective characteristics, speed, convenience and safety of application, as well as the presence of preservative properties. Together, they determine consumer demand and market popularity.
Which anti-gravel agent to choose
Using the tool helps to extend the trouble-free life of the car and provides several advantages:
- persistent anti-corrosion effect;
- improved resistance to small mechanical stress;
- resistance to acids and salts;
- protection from the consequences of falling to the surface of the bottom and body sills, the inner parts of the wheel arches and doors of water, oil or fuel;
- absorption of noise and vibration;
- improved base for applying paint (relevant only for anti-gravels not on a bitumen basis).
The synthetic product, which includes polymer and rubber, differs in quality and combination of incoming components, depending on the manufacturer.
The individual approach has not been canceled, but the popularity of certain commodity units is a sign of good taste for car owners. You can, of course, experiment with the selection by trial and error, but why do it, if not someone, but many have already managed to appreciate the trinity of the result, price and method of applying this or that modification of anti-gravity. Let’s see what products are at the top of the rating today.
The following manufacturers are most demanded:
- HB BODY SA
- CJSC “Elf Filling” (brand KERRY)
- Liqui Moly
Each of the companies offers a whole series of anti-gravel products, which are packaged in various packaging convenient for the consumer and can be applied in several ways: by spray, using a gun or a brush. Differences are observed in the price range.
When choosing, you need to consider the optimality of the composition to obtain the desired result and price indicator. However, it is worth remembering that the shelf life of antigravel in cylinders, as a rule, does not exceed a year, so when purchasing this point you should pay special attention.
The best aerosol anti-gravel products
This is a classic of the rubber-based genre from a Greek company with a long history of auto cosmetics production. The tool is considered universal, as it is used for processing both outside and inside the machine. Thanks to the special structure of the coating formed, it provides anti-corrosion properties, protection against mechanical damage and additional sound insulation.
The spray can be found in three colors (black, white, gray), which expands the possibilities of its application and gives savings in subsequent painting of the hardened layer. BODY 950 is the focus of the owners of budget cars.
- the elastic structure is effective for reliable protection against negative effects during the operation of the vehicle;
- universality of application;
- the possibility of subsequent painting;
- ubiquity in retail chains.
- a small degree of adhesion to smooth surfaces;
- preliminary preparation of the working surface is required: cleaning, rubbing and degreasing;
- increased consumption.
As a cheaper alternative for a large amount of work, you can use the BODY 900 aerosol, which can not be painted.
The Russian brand belongs to Moscow-based Elf Filling, a manufacturer with a 20-year history, in the arsenal of which aerosols for industrial use, car chemical goods, car cosmetics, etc. goods. In this case, the popularity of KERRY anti-gravel is due to the perfect combination of price and a set of useful qualities. The in-house Research and Development Center creates technological innovations that are adapted to operate vehicles in various conditions.
650-milliliter cans are presented in three color options: white, black and gray and have convenient spray guns and caps that protect their holes from drying out.
- certification according to GOST R ISO 9001-2015 (ISO 9001: 2015);
- creating a strong elastic layer;
- good anti-corrosion performance;
- protection against road salt;
- protection against flying stones;
- high adhesion;
- sufficient sound insulation;
- the ability to stain with quick drying.
- not always found in offline trading networks.
The effectiveness of KERRY anti-gravity has been proven when applied to areas such as wheel arches, underbody, sills, wings and the lower part of the bumper.
The composition of the product resembles liquid rubber and can be applied to painted body elements. However, this is an expensive mixture, so it is usually in demand for processing small areas. In addition, a transparent color, on the one hand, is a sign of universal use, and on the other, it does not always resonate with car owners.
- an even aesthetic layer is formed;
- ease of processing;
- quick drying;
- extends the life of the body;
- protects from mechanical damage and chips;
- ease of dismantling.
- high cost;
- during dismantling, the quality of the surface painted under it matters;
- To achieve the result, it is necessary to apply several layers.
Fine grain and film strength is the result that can be achieved when working with individual parts. It is enough to leave the processed car in a dry room for a maximum of 4 hours so that it receives a “second skin”.
Liqui Moly 6109
Polyurethane resins in the mixture provide strength and elasticity of the resulting surface. When applied, the anti-gravel mass, slightly foaming, increases in volume, which gives additional protective properties to the frozen film.
A high degree of adhesion to the working surfaces of vehicles of different manufacturers prolongs the life of the body. In addition, the product is perfectly compatible with different types of paints: water-soluble, acrylic, alkyd.
- convenient sprayer;
- resistance to adverse environmental conditions and the consequences of prolonged use (abrasion, scratches, chips, etc.);
- moderate consumption;
- Available for both amateur and professional use.
- narrow specialization (bottom, wheel arches), due to the presence on the market only in black;
- high price.
If, nevertheless, the need arose to use anti-gravel for processing side sills or other visible elements, then after drying it, you will have to apply several layers of the corresponding paint to get light tones. This procedure reduces the elasticity of the film, which is fraught with the future possible cracking of “puff cake”.
The best anti-gravel spray guns
Novol Gravit MS 600
The product is included in the universal category due to the ability of the mixture to create an elastic film in the most vulnerable places and protect them from the damaging effects of moisture, acids and salts.
White, black or gray matter is sprayed through the hose directly from the can. For reliability, motorists are advised to apply at least three layers. You can evenly process large body surfaces.
- affordable price;
- good consumption;
- moderate granularity of the resulting crust;
- uniform distribution;
- the possibility of future coloring of the working layer;
- during dismantling there are no negative consequences in the form of a damaged surface.
- insufficiently expressed anticorrosion properties, which allows the Polish manufacturer to yield to competitors.
The strength of the treated surface and the absence of phenomena associated with drying over time can also be attributed to the anti-gravity asset. This is a completely optimal and low-cost solution, requiring only a gun to spray the mixture.
Composition based on bitumen and rubber exclusively for outdoor use, with the bottom and arches being priority places for application. Anticorrosion additives qualitatively protect metal, this is one of the most effective, according to consumers, funds for this indicator. The structure of the mastic allows you to cover with a fine-grained elastic layer as a bare surface, and pre-treated with a primer or paintwork.
The manufacturer offers packaging in banks from 1 to 20 kg. Application of a thick consistency mass is possible with a brush or roller.
- good adhesion;
- different packaging;
- no pungent odor.
- spraying requires a solvent or professional equipment;
- not to be painted;
- only black color.
The mixture contains components such as wax, synthetic resins and anti-corrosion additives. Due to its good fluidity, it qualitatively fills hard-to-reach areas of the body and is characterized by high adhesion to the working surface.
Anti-gravel after application remains elastic at both high and low temperatures. Colorless material is universal for use on a variety of color schemes. There is also a brown variety.
- budget price;
- fast polymerization;
- excellent thixotropy;
- high anti-corrosion performance;
- solvent may be added;
- packing in the form of both a spray can for a gun and a spray.
- thin film thickness (0.2 – 0.5 mm);
- packaging only 1 or 5 liters.
What anti-gravel remedy to buy
As you can see, with the help of modern car care products, the protective capabilities of the vehicle can be significantly enhanced. For this, there is no need to visit the service station, everything can be organized independently. It remains only to make the right choice, and one can forget for a long time about the consequences of exposure to an unfavorable environment.
So, what is more effective in a particular case:
- The HB BODY SA product range, excellent in terms of price and quality, is universal for large-scale work. In addition, the manufacturer offers different methods of applying antigravel to the surface. However, when choosing, you should definitely pay attention: is it possible to color this or that composition.
- The maximum budget option – certified products under the Russian brand KERRY. The manufacturer took care of the quickly drying composition, the structure of which is able to withstand subsequent staining.
- Maximum protection, according to experts, is achieved by using Liqui Moly 6109. However, this is not a very economical option, besides having certain limitations on its use.
The market of auto cosmetics is constantly replenished with new developments of specialized companies, whose laboratories are constantly working to improve the existing assortment. Therefore, you should be patient when choosing the right tool – and the result will not be long in coming.
Hope you will get your desire one on this article, “best anti-gravel products”.